Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mk6 vs Scirocco

I was free today, so popped over to Wernes new showroom in PJ, here are my 2 sen about the 2 cars. From the perspective of a Mk5 owner, the mk6 is good, but its not good enuff to make a mk5 owner upgrade, theres nothing special about the mk6. I love the new adaptive suspension (it really works) but besides that its the same as my mk5, in fact, i hate the new aircon controls for the mk6, its fussy and messy looking

The Roc on the other hand, is full of goodies to tempt a mk5 owner. Its new, its exciting looking, its got 4 proper seats to fit 4 adults

what i like about the roc vs my mk5
- It looks amazing, expecially in the classic VW R blue
- RCD510 as standard
- Full MFD + mk6 steering wheel
- Sharfin antenna
- Isofix points at the back
- Adaptive suspension
- Electric seat release ( to make it esier for rear passengers to get in, theres electric adjustment on the top of the drivers seat..very cool)

Things i dun like
- No aluminium pedals
- Rear view mirror ugly

but as u can see..my cons are pretty much nitpicking on small things, overall, i would get the Roc in a heartbeat. The only thing stopping me is the fact that the Golf R is pretty much set to be launched here by Wearnes as well..so will wait and have a look. If they launched the Roc R...i would be putting down my deposit yesterday :mrgreen:

Good news for mk5 owners, my SC in VW, has no less then 3 buyers waiting for used mk5's...and even now he is confident of getting 150-155k for a 07+ unit ...i just hope the demands stays hot till next year....

2 comments:

Mohamad Akram said...

nice!..cant wait for the golf R!..wut is it worth to but the rocco with 2 doors?..in malaysia here.its expensive..!so do did the wearnes told u when will the r series coming?n the prices?

Ryou said...

Prices for the R will be above the Roc and below the previous R32.

My gut feel is it will be around 280k

Not just wearns, i hear that FA Wagan is also bringing the R